The Ford Transit range has received an updated infotainment system with a larger touchscreen.
All models get a new 12-inch screen running the latest Sync 4 infotainment system, with an embedded modem, satellite navigation with enhanced voice control and, Ford claims, twice the computing power of the old Sync 3 system.
The larger screen replaces the old 8.0-inch unit.
Orders are now open for 2023 Transit models.
Additionally, all models get a Sensico leatherette-rapped steering wheel, while a new exterior finish – Magnetic – joins the colour palette.
These changes comprise what Ford calls the 22.5MY update, while 23MY models also receive a passenger seat belt reminder.
Ford has increased prices by between $1000 and $1400 compared to 22MY models across the van, bus and cab-chassis ranges.
The Transit range will grow in January to include the electric e-Transit, though pricing has yet to be announced.
- 2023 Ford Transit 350L LWB manual: $53,590 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350L LWB auto front-wheel drive: $56,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350L LWB auto: $56,590 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350E Jumbo Van manual: $57,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 470E Jumbo Van manual: $60,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350E Jumbo Van auto: $60,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 430E Jumbo Van auto: $63,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 470E manual: $54,990 (+$1400)
- 2023 Ford Transit 430E auto: $57,990 (+$1400)
- 2023 Ford Transit 470E manual Double Cab: $58,490 (+$1400)
- 2023 Ford Transit 410L auto: $65,690 (+$1000)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2023 Ford Transit is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine with 125kW of power and 390Nm of torque.
All Transit models feature either a six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission bar the front-wheel drive 350L LWB van, which uses a six-speed automatic. All bar this variant feature rear-wheel drive.
Ford doesn’t publish fuel economy figures for the Transit range. A 95L fuel tank is standard.
The 2023 Ford Transit measures 5981mm long in 350L van guise, 6704mm as a Jumbo Van, 6579mm as a Single Cab cab chassis and 6404mm as a Double Cab cab chassis.
Height also varies depending on the model. 350L vans measure 2541-2543mm tall with the regular roof and 2780–2782mm with the high roof, 2790mm tall as a Jumbo Van, and 2205-2214mm as a cab-chassis.
All Transit vans are 2112mm wide and all cab-chassis models are 2111mm wide.
Braked towing capacity ranges from 2400kg to 3500kg, while payload ranges from 1061kg (350E Jumbo Van) to 2448kg (470E single-cab-chassis).
The Ford Transit is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Ford offers capped-price servicing for the first four services or 120,000km. Each service costs $399.
The Ford Transit doesn’t have a rating from ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Adaptive cruise control
- Junction assist
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Reversing camera
Van and bus models also include:
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Side parking sensors (excludes Jumbo Van models)
Standard equipment on all Transit models includes:
- 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Four-speaker sound system
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster screen
- Leatherette-wrapped steering wheel
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heated front seats
- Cloth upholstery
MORE: Everything Ford Transit