The Santa Fe Elite Hybrid is priced from $63,000 before on-road costs, and the Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid is priced from $69,550 before on-road costs. These are both $3000 more expensive than their respective diesel variants.
These two Santa Fe variants are powered by a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 132kW/265Nm, an electric motor producing 44.2kW/264Nm, and a 1.49kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack. Total system outputs are 169kW of power and 350Nm of torque.
The range-topping Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid is the first variant in the line-up to offer the option of six seats instead of the traditional seven seats. This no-cost option replaces the second row of seats for two captain’s chairs.
Pricing and specification for the rest of the range remains unchanged following a price rise to the majority of the Hyundai range in August this year.
Until the end of October this year, Hyundai sold a total of 3583 Santa Fe models. It was outsold by the likes of the Toyota Kluger (10,989 sales), Mazda CX-9 (5916 sales), Kia Sorento (5574 sales), and Mazda CX-8 (4905 sales).
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5 petrol FWD: $46,050
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 diesel AWD: $49,550
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Active 3.5 petrol FWD: $50,250
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Active 2.2 diesel AWD: $53,750
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite 3.5 petrol FWD: $56,500
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite 2.2 diesel AWD: $60,000
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite Hybrid AWD: $63,000 (NEW)
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander 3.5 petrol FWD: $63,050
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander 2.2 diesel AWD: $66,550
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid AWD: $69,550 (NEW)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Power in the 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe comes from a range of three powertrains including a naturally-aspirated petrol V6, turbo-diesel four-cylinder, and a petrol-electric hybrid.
The 3.5-litre naturally-aspirated V6 petrol engine is available across the range and produces 200kW of power and 331Nm of torque. It’s mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with drive sent to the front wheels only.
The 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine is also available across the range and produces 148kW and 440Nm. It’s mated to an eight-speed wet dual-clutch automatic transmission with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
The petrol-electric hybrid powertrain is only available on Elite and Highlander trim levels and consists a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 132kW/265Nm, an electric motor producing 44.2kW/264Nm, and a 1.49kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack.
Total system outputs for the hybrid powertrain are 169kW of power and 350Nm of torque. This is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
All variants of the 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe come with Eco, Sport and Smart drive modes. V6 and turbo-diesel modes gain a Comfort drive mode.
The entry-level Santa Fe with the turbo-diesel engine gets a 4WD Lock mode, whereas the rest of the diesel all-wheel drive variants receive Snow, Mud and Sand terrain modes.
The 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe uses 10.5L/100km on the combined cycle with the V6, 6.1L/100km with the diesel, and 6.0L/100km with the hybrid.
All models have a 67L fuel tank, with both V6 and hybrid models able to run on 91 RON regular unleaded petrol.
The 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe measures in at 4785mm long, 1900mm wide, and 1685mm tall, with a 2765mm wheelbase.
Boot space is between 571L and 782L with the rear seats in place, depending on how far forward they’re slid. That expands to 1649L with the second row folded flat, and contracts to 130L with the third row in place.
Braked towing capacity is 2500kg for both V6 and turbo-diesel variants, whereas the hybrid has a braked towing capacity of 1650kg. Unbraked towing across the range is 750kg.
The 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. The Santa Fe Hybrid’s high-voltage battery on the other hand is covered for eight years or 160,000km.
Logbook servicing for the V6 petrol and turbo-diesel models is required every 15,000km or 12 months, whichever comes first. Hybrid models on the hand require servicing every 10,000km or 12 months, whichever comes first.
Hyundai currently offer three-, four-, and five-year pre-paid servicing plans for Santa Fe V6 and diesel models. They are as follows:
|Three years or 45,000km||$1197||$1377|
|Four years or 60,000km||$1596||$1836|
|Five years or 75,000km||$1995||$2295|
Service pricing for the hybrid hasn’t been confirmed yet. We’ll update this story once they are confirmed.
Petrol diesel versions of the Hyundai Santa Fe have a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing conducted in 2018. Hybrid variants remain unrated.
It scored an adult occupant protection score of 94 per cent, child occupant protection score of 86 per cent, pedestrian protection score of 67 per cent, and safety assist score of 78 per cent.
All 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe models come with the following standard safety features:
- Front, centre, side, and curtain airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Lane-keeping assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop & go
- Driver attention warning
- Rear-seat occupant alert
- Reversing camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
Features such as rear AEB, blind-spot view monitor, Safe Exit Assist with powered child locks, remote smart parking assist, surround-view camera, and front parking sensors are available further up the range.
The entry-level 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe comes standard with the following standard features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size alloy spare wheel
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- LED rear fog lights
- Black front grille
- Heated and power-adjustable side mirrors
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 4.2-inch TFT LCD digital trip computer
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- Manual air-conditioning
- Third row air-conditioning
- Electric parking brake with auto-hold
- Leather steering wheel
- Leather gear knob
- Seven seats
- Manually-adjustable driver’s seat with two-way power lumbar support
The Active adds the following:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Chrome exterior highlights
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Rear privacy glass
- Front parking sensors
- Power-folding side mirrors with puddle lamps
- Dual-zone climate control
- Push-button gear selector
- Paddle shifters
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Leather upholstery
- Safe Exit Assist with electronic child locks
The Elite adds:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- 19-inch aero alloy wheels (Hybrid only)
- LED combination tail lights
- Powered tailgate with hands-free opening
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Satellite navigation
- Passenger Talk functionality
- Harman/Kardon 10-speaker premium sound system
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Second-row sun shades
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Eight-way power passenger’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Radar-based rear occupant alert
The range-topping Highlander adds:
- Body-coloured cladding
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- LED projector headlights
- Acoustic laminated windshield
- Acoustic laminated front door glass
- Auto-dipping side mirrors
- Head-up display
- Rear AEB
- Blind-spot View Monitor
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Surround-view camera
- LED interior lighting
- Ambient lighting
- Aluminium interior trim
- Suede headliner
- Perforated leather steering wheel
- Heated steering wheel
- Nappa leather upholstery
- 14-way powered front seats
- Driver’s seat memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated second-row outboard seats
The Santa Fe Elite is offered with Cognac Brown leather upholstery for an $295, whereas the Highlander is offered with a Camel Beige Nappa leather upholstery for $295.
The Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid can also be optioned with six seats, instead of seven seats, for no cost. It replaces the second row of seats with two captain’s chairs.
The 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe is available with the following exterior paint colours, depending on the trim level.
- Abyss Black
- Taiga Brown
- Magnetic Force
- Glacier White
- Lagoon Blue
- Rain Forest
- Typhoon Silver
Every paint colour besides Glacier White and Lagoon Blue cost an additional $695.