Now there’s only one.
Jaguar has axed the two R-Dynamic variants of its XE mid-size sedan for the 2023 model year, leaving a lone 300 Sport variant.
A Jaguar Land Rover spokesperson confirmed the XE 300 Sport is arriving in Australia in the first quarter of 2023, with orders open now.
The 2023 Jaguar XE 300 Sport is priced from $79,825 before on-road costs, $3955 more expensive than the previous flagship R-Dynamic HSE.
Standard specification is largely carried over from the R-Dynamic HSE, but it gains 20-inch alloy wheels, a Black Exterior pack, adaptive suspension, and a 17-speaker Meridian surround sound system.
It misses out on the Matrix LED headlights, perforated Windsor leather upholstery, and 12-inch digital instrument cluster, among other minor tweaks.
Instead it receives premium LED headlights with auto high-beam, perforated synthetic DuoLeather upholstery, and analogue dials with a 7-inch TFT display.
To the end of August 2022, Jaguar sold a total of 55 XE models. It was outsold by the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class (2402 sales), BMW 3 Series (1832 sales), Lexus ES (694 sales), Audi A4 (344 sales), Alfa Romeo Giulia (181 sales), and Genesis G70 (60 sales).
- 2023 Jaguar XE 300 Sport: $79,825
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2023 Jaguar XE 300 Sport is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder ‘P300’ petrol engine producing 221kW of power and 400Nm of torque.
This is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with power sent through an all-wheel drive system.
The 2023 Jaguar XE 300 Sport has a claimed combined cycle fuel economy figure of 6.9L/100km. It has a 61.7L fuel tank and requires a minimum of 95 RON premium unleaded petrol.
The 2023 Jaguar XE measures in at 4678mm long, 1967mm wide and 1410mm tall, with a 2835mm wheelbase.
With the second row of seats upright the XE has a boot capacity of 394L. As standard, the second row of seats fold in a 40:20:40 manner.
The 2023 Jaguar XE, like the rest of the Jaguar range, is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Jaguar offers a five-year service plan for the XE which costs $1950 and covers a maximum of 102,000km.
The 2023 Jaguar XE has a five-star ANCAP safety rating, based on testing conducted by EuroNCAP in 2015.
It scored 92 per cent for adult occupant protection, 82 per cent for child occupant protection, 81 per cent for pedestrian protection, and 82 per cent for safety assist.
The 2023 Jaguar XE 300 Sport comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with low-speed manoeuvre assist, and vehicle and pedestrian detection
- Blind-spot assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Traffic sign recognition
- Adaptive speed limiter
- Driver attention monitoring
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
The 2023 Jaguar XE 300 Sport comes with the following standard equipment:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Black contrast roof
- Boot lid spoiler
- Black exterior pack (grille surround, fender vents, window surrounds, side sills and side mirror caps)
- Heated, electric, power-folding, memory door mirrors with approach lights
- Auto-dimming driver side mirror
- Green tinted glass
- Premium LED headlights with signature daytime running light
- Darkened LED tail lights
- Auto high-beam
- Animated indicators
- Rain-sensing wipers
- ‘Configurable Dynamics’ drive modes
- Adaptive suspension
- All surface progress control
- Speed proportional steering
- Torque vectoring by braking
- 10-inch Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- 17-speaker Meridian surround sound system
- Online Pack with unlimited data
- Wireless phone charger
- Analogue dials with 7-inch TFT screen
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control
- Satin Chrome paddle shifters
- Bright metal pedals
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Electric park brake
- R-Dynamic-branded leather steering wheel
- Perforated DuoLeather sport seats
- 12-way heated electric driver memory front seats with two-way manual headrests
- Premium carpet mats
- Monogram Aluminium trim finisher
- Metal treadplates with Jaguar script
- Ebony Morzine headlining
The $1010 Cold Climate pack adds the following:
- Heated windscreen
- Heated washer jets
- Headlight washers
- Heated steering wheel
The $1630 Convenience pack adds:
- Powered boot lid with gesture opening
- Electrically adjustable steering column
- Electric rear window sunblind
- Additional 12V sockets in the rear and the boot
Like all Jaguar Land Rover vehicles, there are also a number of single optional extras. Here are just a few:
- Head-up display: $1300
- 12-inch digital instrument cluster: $650
- Windsor leather sports seats: $1170
- ClearSight digital rear-view mirror: $405
- Premium cabin lighting: $540
- Surround-view camera: $1000
- Sliding panoramic sunroof: $1900
- Matrix LED headlights: $1350
The 2023 Jaguar XE 300 Sport is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Fuji White
- Caldera Red
- Santorini Black metallic
- Firenze Red metallic
- Bluefire Blue metallic
- Eiger Grey metallic
- Portofino Blue metallic
- Hakuba Silver metallic
- Ostuni Pearl White metallic
- Carpathian Grey premium metallic (+$1300)
- Silicon Silver premium metallic (+$1300)
MORE: Everything Jaguar XE