LDV’s new people mover packs considerably more safety equipment and technology than its predecessor, plus a bolder and more modern look inside and out.
The 2023 LDV MIFA is arriving in Australian showrooms this month.
All models at launch feature a 2-2-3 seating format, though an eight-seat model will arrive early in 2023.
There’s a $9-10,000 difference between the three MIFA variants, called Mode, Executive and Luxe.
With prices ranging from $53,990 to $72,990 drive-away, the LDV MIFA is pricier than its Kia Carnival arch-rival, which holds over two-thirds of the people mover segment in Australia.
The Carnival, in petrol guise, is priced from $51,690 to $69,890 drive-away.
The MIFA is also pricier than the old G10 people mover, discontinued earlier this year, which started at $35,490 drive-away.
But where that model lacked any active safety equipment and featured only two airbags, the MIFA has a full suite of safety features including autonomous emergency braking (forward and reverse), blind-spot monitoring, lane-keep assist, rear cross-traffic alert, and front, side and full-length curtain airbags.
The only engine is a turbocharged 2.0-litre petrol four-cylinder with 160kW of power and 360Nm of torque, mated with an Aisin-sourced eight-speed automatic transmission.
The petrol-powered MIFA will soon be joined by an electric variant, the MIFA 9, due here before the end of this month.
It’ll use a 180kW/350Nm electric motor and a 90kWh battery, good for a claimed 440km on the WLTP test cycle.
- 2023 LDV MIFA Mode: $53,990
- 2023 LDV MIFA Executive: $63,990
- 2023 LDV MIFA Luxe: $72,990
All prices are drive-away.
LDV also offers the following drive-away prices for ABN holders:
- 2023 LDV MIFA Mode: $51,291
- 2023 LDV MIFA Executive: $60,791
- 2023 LDV MIFA Luxe: $69,090
The 2023 LDV MIFA is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 160kW of power and 360Nm of torque.
It’s mated with an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
The 2023 LDV MIFA consumes 9.3L/100km on the combined cycle. It has a 75L fuel tank.
The 2023 LDV MIFA measures 5280mm long, 1998mm wide and 1845mm tall on a 3200mm wheelbase.
It has 466L of luggage space with the second and third rows erect. With the third row folded, this increases to 1702L and with the two rearmost rows folded this increases to 2017L.
Braked towing capacity is 2000kg and unbraked is 750kg.
Tare weight is 2040kg on the Mode, 2130kg on the Executive and 2230kg on the Luxe.
The LDV MIFA is covered by a seven-year, 200,000km warranty with five years or 160,000km of roadside assist.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first.
The LDV MIFA has yet to be assessed by ANCAP.
Standard safety equipment across the range includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking – front and rear
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Safe exit warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front, side and full-length curtain airbags
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
The Executive and Luxe also receive front parking sensors and a surround-view camera.
The Mode comes standard with the following equipment:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 18-inch steel spare
- Full LED headlights
- Automatic headlights
- LED tail lights
- Hill descent control
- Electronic park brake with auto hold
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 7.0-inch instrument cluster screen
- Wired Apple CarPlay
- Six-speaker sound system
- Keyless entry and start
- Multi-zone climate control with second-row controls
- Leatherette upholstery
- USB outlets – 3 x front, 2 x 2nd row, 2 x 3rd row
The Executive adds:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive LED headlights with automatic high-beam
- Front and rear sunroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Rear privacy glass
- Power sliding doors
- Power tailgate
- Wireless phone charger
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Eight-way power driver’s seat with four-way lumbar
- Four-way power passenger seat with four-way lumbar
- Four-way power-adjustable second-row seats with four-way lumbar
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- 220V power socket
- Air purifier
The Luxe adds:
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Massaging front seats
- Driver’s seat memory
- Second-row reclining captain’s chairs
- Four-way power adjustment
- Four-way lumbar
- Heating and ventilation
- 12-speaker sound system
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
The MIFA is available in the following finishes:
- Blanc White
- Pearl White
- Mica Blue
- Dynasty Red
- Metal Black
- Concrete Grey with black roof (Executive and Luxe only)