The anticipated Toyota Corolla Cross has been detailed for the Australian market, with the eight-variant range to kick at $33,000 before on-road costs when it arrives in October.
Three trim levels and three drivetrains will be offered, including the brand’s new 2.0-litre hybrid system in both 2WD and AWD form. The range will feature the GX, GXL, and flagship Atmos.
Hybrid versions will start at $35,500 before on-roads for the GX 2WD Hybrid; $2000 less than hybrid versions of the smaller Toyota C-HR, which is based on the same platform as the Corolla and Corolla Cross.
Specification highlights from the entry-level Corolla Cross GX include 17-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights and daytime running lights, heated and folding side mirrors, automatic climate control, fabric seat trim, as well as keyless entry with push-button start.
Inside, the Corolla Cross GX features a new-generation Toyota infotainment system with an 8.0-inch touchscreen display, six-speaker audio, wireless Apple CarPlay, wired Android Auto, and DAB+ digital radio.
The new infotainment system will also come standard with a Data Control Module, allowing for Toyota Connected Services such as automatic collision notification, SOS emergency calling, and stolen vehicle tracking.
A 10.5-inch touchscreen with satellite navigation features on the GXL and Atmos, while the flagship also debuts a new 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster.
All versions of the Corolla Cross will offer the latest Toyota Safety Sense assistance features, including a new lane-change assist system as well as AEB with pedestrian and cyclist detection, adaptive cruise control with curve speed function, lane trace assist and lane departure warning.
Further, the entire range will come standard with eight airbags, auto high-beam, blind-spot monitoring with safe exit assist, rear cross-traffic alert, and a reversing camera.
The Corolla Cross petrol is powered by a 2.0-litre petrol engine driving the front wheels, though outputs are not confirmed at this stage. In the related Corolla Hatch and Sedan, the engine develops 125kW and 200Nm.
Hybrid versions of the Toyota Corolla Cross will feature the brand’s fifth-generation 2.0-litre petrol-electric hybrid drivetrain. While local outputs haven’t been confirmed, the European model develops 146kW when equipped with E-Four all-wheel drive – thanks to a 30.6kW electric motor on the rear axle, which engages in low-grip conditions.
The Corolla Cross Hybrid is available with 2WD (front-wheel drive) across all three trim levels, while E-Four all-wheel drive is reserved for the GXL and Atmos versions.
Fuel consumption data for the line-up likewise hasn’t been supplied, though the Toyota’s local website confirms the Corolla Cross GX 2WD uses 4.4L/100km on the urban cycle and 4.6L/100km on the extra urban cycle.
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GX 2WD Petrol: $33,000
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross 2WD Hybrid: $35,500
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GXL 2WD Petrol: $36,750
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GXL 2WD Hybrid: $39,250
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GXL AWD Hybrid: $42,250
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross Atmos 2WD Petrol: $43,550
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross Atmos 2WD Hybrid: $46,050
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross Atmos AWD Hybrid: $49,050
Prices exclude on-road costs
Corolla Cross GX highlights:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Heated, retractable side mirrors
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Fabric upholstery
- Keyless entry and start
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired Android Auto
- DAB+ radio
- Six-speaker audio
- Toyota Connected Services
Corolla Cross GXL adds:
- LED (high-grade) headlights
- Front fog lights
- Rear privacy glass
- Roof rails
- Leather-accented/fabric upholstery
- Leather-accented steering wheel, shifter
- Electrochromatic rear-view mirror
- Dual-zone climate control
- 10.5-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Satellite navigation
- USB-C rear charge ports
- 360-degree camera system
Corolla Cross Atmos adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Panoramic sunroof
- Electric tailgate with kick sensor
- Leather-accented upholstery
- Heated front seats
- 8-way power driver’s seat
- Heated steering wheel
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Advanced Park Assist
- 360-degree cameras with see-through view